SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 15, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Sew Repair (NASDAQ: SFIX), the world’s main on-line customized purchasing expertise, in the present day launched its inaugural Type Forecast that reveals key traits for 2022, together with “Enterprise Consolation” as the brand new workwear class, development in versatile athleisure types, daring colours and patterns and the resurgence of classes like denims, heels and attire. The report additionally highlights frustrations individuals have with conventional on-line purchasing, like not figuring out the match earlier than shopping for and spending hours scrolling to seek out what they need.
The great Type Forecast integrates Sew Repair gross sales and purchasing insights from 4.2 million purchasers and hundreds of Sew Repair Stylists, mixed with shopper surveys and trade information to offer a sturdy look into what’s trending in actual life — not simply the style runways. Sew Repair has billions of fashion information factors gathered by superior algorithms and information science groups, from detailed model suggestions that purchasers voluntarily depart, that present a continuing pulse on what individuals need to buy, how usually and why.
“From the very starting, Sew Repair has introduced collectively superior information science and a human contact to remodel the way in which individuals discover the garments that assist them appear and feel their finest. From this information, we additionally collect insights into broader model traits available in the market and what’s motivating these traits — which has been significantly vital over the past two years to navigate altering shopper preferences in an unsure time,” mentioned Elizabeth Spaulding, CEO, Sew Repair. “We hope the Type Forecast provides vogue perspective past the runway traits to assist individuals and our model companions higher perceive what’s trending in on a regular basis life as we head into the brand new yr and embrace a ‘new regular’ collectively.”
Following are notable findings from the 2022 Sew Repair Type Forecast. To learn the complete report, go to StitchFix.com/StyleForecast.
The COVID Closet Clearout:
- Two-thirds of shoppers (67%) plan to exchange one-third of their wardrobe, with 33% planning to exchange no less than half — and almost 4 in 5 millennials (79%) are prone to refresh their wardrobe.1
- Type preferences have modified: 58% of Sew Repair Ladies’s purchasers and 53% of Males’s mentioned their look modified through the pandemic, they usually count on these adjustments to proceed within the close to time period.
Surprising model influencers:
- Amanda Gorman is 2021’s most surprising model icon, as Sew Repair shopper requests for headbands surged 600% yr over yr after she donned an announcement headband on the Inauguration — whereas Harry Types is probably the most trendy superstar of the yr, as requests mentioning the style icon shot up 160% from 2020 after his “Love on Tour” exhibits kicked off.
- In the meantime, Sew Repair purchasers are additionally turning to TikTok influencers for model steering: shopper request notes with “TikTok” elevated 75% yr over yr, with among the hottest appears to be like together with Y2K, Cottagecore and Darkish Academia.
The Shade of the Yr is Vibrant Magenta:
- Runner ups embody purple, mint and mustard for girls — and dusty lavender, darkish inexperienced and coral for males.
- A couple of-third (36%) of shoppers say they’re excited for shiny, saturated colours in 2022.1 Patterns — like colorblock, checks and graphics — are taking off as nicely, with 25% of shoppers planning to put on them extra usually.1
Enterprise Consolation (not informal) is the way forward for workwear:
- Practically one-third (31%) of shoppers say they’d reasonably take a ten% pay lower than gown up for work day-after-day.1 Practically 4 in 5 People (77%) have sworn off no less than some enterprise garments for good,1 with almost half (45%) of individuals dying to ditch enterprise fits and a 3rd (31%) eager to ditch gown pants. Over half (51%) of Boomers say they are going to by no means put on a enterprise swimsuit once more.
- A brand new class that Sew Repair has labeled “Enterprise Consolation” has emerged, proving you’ll be able to have model and luxury that is extra refined than the previous “informal” classification. That is seen in outsized stretch blazers, elastic-waist bottoms, sweater attire and new “Knoven” tops (knit + woven materials).
Denim & attire return to the each day wardrobe:
- Denims gross sales elevated 30% yr over yr on Sew Repair, and Ladies’s extensive leg gross sales are up 70% whereas the expansion price of thin denims has declined in the identical time interval, following their “roasting” on TikTok within the winter and a vogue development in the direction of model and luxury.
- On a regular basis attire are additionally thriving, and Sew Repair has grown stock 40% yr over yr to fulfill demand. Among the high types embody maxi attire, which have seen a 60% year-over-year gross sales development; attire in pure materials like linen, poplin and gauze; and shiny, optimistic colours and prints.
All-purpose athleisure & performance-focused energetic:
- Athleisure stays Sew Repair’s fastest-growing class, whereas performance-driven energetic gross sales are additionally rising (Ladies’s 300%+, Males’s 100%+ yr over yr) as individuals have picked up new sports activities like tennis, golf and mountaineering. Trending types for the class are skorts and skirts, bike shorts, mountaineering shorts and efficiency polos.
More and more out & about:
- Whereas workwear is all about consolation, greater than half (55%) of shoppers mentioned they’re excited to dress as much as exit, with 44% actively planning to exchange their going-out garments — that is 61% amongst Gen Z.1
- Supporting this, Sew Repair gross sales within the big day class elevated 50% yr over yr indicating that persons are, in truth, going out once more. And fancy footwear is rising sooner — the gross sales of booties and excessive heels every elevated by about 70% yr over yr as tall boots gross sales grew 150% in the identical interval.
Delivering a extra customized purchasing expertise
The overwhelming majority (81%) of shoppers say they want a greater option to discover garments that match them and their life-style. Whereas desirous to revamp their wardrobes, they nonetheless have main frustrations with the everyday on-line purchasing expertise — like not figuring out the match earlier than shopping for and spending hours scrolling to seek out what they need. In the meantime, shopper requests for sustainable and natural supplies elevated 22% since 2020, indicating that buyers are more and more prioritizing social and environmental values when purchasing. The Type Forecast considers the chance for retailers to ship the issues that matter most to individuals proper now in a purchasing expertise, like matching them to their excellent match, aligning purchases with their values, and providing professional steering — with out overwhelming them.
The Sew Repair Type Forecast leverages information collected from Sew Repair’s 4.2 million purchasers and hundreds of professional Stylists in addition to its Merchandising staff, who overview efficiency and suggestions dashboards day-after-day. A few of these metrics embody: gross sales information; “Like/Love” rating, a measure of shopper suggestions on specific gadgets; “Success Fee,” how usually an merchandise is saved in a Repair (the curated collection of gadgets delivered to purchasers); shopper profile information factors; and Repair Request Notes, the notice purchasers depart for his or her Stylist to point what they’d wish to obtain of their subsequent Repair. Until in any other case acknowledged, all Sew Repair gross sales and “Repair” request statistics seek advice from calendar yr 2021 to this point, as of November 30, 2021. Comparisons to the prior yr seek advice from calendar yr 2020 from January 1, 2020 to November 30, 2020. Additionally cited is a survey of 1,000 nationally consultant shoppers age 18+ performed by Wakefield Analysis for Sew Repair, survey of two,000 nationally consultant consumers age 18+ performed by OnePoll, market information from Coresight Analysis, trade development sources like WGSN and Trendalytics. All information comes from inner Sew Repair sources except in any other case famous. All gross sales information included refers to Sew Repair gross sales, except in any other case famous.
About Sew Repair
Sew Repair is the world’s main on-line customized purchasing expertise. Our distinctive enterprise mannequin combines the human contact of professional Stylists with the precision of superior information science. Since our founding in 2011, we have served as a trusted model companion to tens of millions of individuals, serving to adults and youngsters dress day-after-day feeling like their finest selves. The Sew Repair staff is constructing a transformative and inclusive ecommerce mannequin, an ecosystem of purchasing experiences primarily based on comfort and guided discovery that makes it radically easy and pleasant for purchasers to find and purchase what they love. For extra, go to https://www.stitchfix.com.
CONTACT: [email protected]
1 Survey of 1,000 nationally consultant US adults by Wakefield Analysis for Sew Repair
SOURCE Sew Repair